Thursday, September 19, 2013

Slam Dunk's Painted Lady Butterflies

So this is new. I never thought of myself as a blogger, but having contemplated the idea for a while, I've decided to use this outlet to get the need to write and the need to emote out of my system.

I'm a new homeschool teacher! My daughter just started Kindergarten! We've been studying the life cycle of butterflies the last few weeks and today our painted lady butterflies from Insect Lore hatched from their Chrysalides! We actually managed to watch the last of the five hatch. The others came out over night, but the last hatched during school. My daughter was enthralled, of course. So was I, for that matter.  We'll release the butterflies in a few days, but until then, we will be happily drawing pictures and making a Kindergarten science journal full of drawings and photos of the last few weeks.



No comments:

Post a Comment