Monday, March 17, 2014

Slam Dunk School of Cooking part 2

Sometimes I have epic failures that fail so hard they become wins.

The other day I ran out if breakfast foods of all sorts. I had turkey bacon and that was the extent of my breakfast foods. So I decided to make biscuits and gravy. I had all the ingredients for biscuits which also happen to be the ingredients for gravy. As I previously mentioned, I don't use recipes except as guides; sometimes the works for me and sometimes...

I slapped all the ingredients together for biscuits and came out with a nice dough ball I rolled out and cut into circles. I put said biscuit circles on a cookie sheet and slid them in the oven. After about fifteen minutes I didn't have anything close to biscuits unless we are from Great Britain, and we aren't, so I failed. What I did have were the most delicious, crispy, and melt-in-your-mouth cookies ever. They were slightly sweet, not over-poweringly so, and so scrumptious I could not keep them on the plate. What did I do with the gravy? I dipped those cookies into it and had a delightful cookie and gravy breakfast that everyone agreed was worth doing again. 

Next time I made biscuits I added a bit more water and baking soda and achieved perfect drop biscuits. Lesson learned, new cookie found. 

I love the Slam Dunk School of Cooking.
                                                    The newest student of the Slam Dunk School.

No comments:

Post a Comment